Saturday, January 29, 2011

Catching my Breath

I have been so blessed with the privilege of having my own Kindergarten classroom while I cover a dear teacher's maternity leave. However, after juggling 50+ students a day, assessments coming out of my ears (report card time), and responding to endless phone calls, e-mails, meetings, and trainings, I am wiped out! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE teaching! I would not trade this job for any other, but I do feel that it is difficult to catch my breath sometimes...in a sweet way. :)

Every morning as I drive to work, I pray that the Lord will allow me to experience humbleness and grace. I am nothing but amazed as I continuously experience the Lord's overwhelming power through everyday classroom endeavors. To be honest, I was not at peace with where the Lord was leading me for quite some time. I did not understand why I was not blessed with a "job" this school-year, or why life decisions had to be SO stressful. It didn't seem fair, and I was constantly comparing my experiences with others. I finally gave up the battle and decided to trust the path I was lead. I can honestly say that I have more peace now than ever before. In fact, I continue to see how each direction and opportunity I have been blessed with are piecing together. Why am I complaining about no job, when I work with students and teach everyday? Why is it so hard to be comfortable with life circumstances, when others would kill to have a loving and supportive husband like mine and a beautiful home to live in?

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to be in situations where I can serve you and TRUST you! Please use me, break me, and allow me to be fully immersed in your holiness again this week...even if it's hard to catch my breath!


No comments:

Post a Comment